[Click here for printable version]
2209-565 Sherbourne Street
Toronto, Ontario M4X 1W7
Phone:416-929-4549 / Mobile:647-293-3934
To work in a challenging Web development environment, where I can undertake and complete new and interesting tasks for a wide variety of clients.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows (3.1, 95, 98, 2000, and XP), including Microsoft Office.
- Extensive experience adminstering Red Hat Linux and FreeBSD. User experience with Solaris, IRIX, and HP/UX.
- Experience preparing web-ready graphics from print and electronic sources using Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop, and The GIMP.
- Development of web-based software for the Apache web server, Postgres and MySQL database servers, Zope and Webware application servers.
- Development of cross-platform GUI-based software using Java and Tk (Windows/Unix/Linux).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Good at communicating complex technical topics to non-technical people. Experience in writing and editing ad copy, documentation, and specifications.
- Self-starter; used to working with minimal supervision on multiple tasks simultaneously. Able to work on- or off-site, including remote work and telecommuting.
- Bilingual; good written and spoken French.
Imaginary Landscape, 1997-present
I currently perform contract work for a U.S.-based web development company. My responsibilities include writing specifications and documentation, server programming, database design, and HTML/DHTML content and scripting. As part of my duties, I have developed content management systems, e-commerce systems, web statistics analyzers, screen scrapers, and web-based administrative frontends for system tools.
Hamilton Myriadgate, 1995-1997
On-site work as webmaster and developer. I managed the company web site and acted as the primary technical contact for clients and our hosting firm. I developed several large web sites, including primitive CMS systems, on-the-fly site maps, and a Java-based frontend to run a search against multiple search engines simultaneously.
PUBLICATION CREDITS AND CONTRIBUTIONS
- A six-part Perl tutorial for O'Reilly & Associates. Part 1 can be found at <http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2000/10/begperl1.html>. It is the second result Google result for a search on "beginner perl".
- Listed as a contributor to the Mozilla Project for evangelism and bug-finding work. Type
about:credits in the location bar of Mozilla Firefox and scroll to "S". Search for the string "sirilyan" at <http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/> to see more information.
- Contribution of bug reports and patches to the GNOME and Zope projects. Search for the string "sirilyan" at <http://bugzilla.gnome.org/> and <http://collector.zope.org/> for more information.
- I wrote an online comic for several years. The site is backed by a hand-coded content management system using MySQL. CMS features included weekly polls, automatic indexing of content by date and storyline, and a postcard system for mailing comics to friends. The site is archived at <http://www.waitingforbob.com>.
Université Sainte-Anne, 1992-1994
Church Point, Nova Scotia
French immersion, Bachelor of Arts (English/French)
Four semesters of French immersion at U. Sainte-Anne after completing high school, followed by a year of their Bachelor of Arts program. Left the university after finding a web development job in Saskatchewan.
Work and character references are available on request.
sirilyan dotcom: personal: cv.
anything said in lowercase sounds profound. say it to firstname.lastname@example.org.